1 Corinthians 9
23 And this I do for the gospel’s sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.
24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.
25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:
27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.
- Paul do everything he could to be partaker with the Corinthians
- keep running, stay in the race, run for the eternal prize
- strive for the mastery for we shall obtain incorruptible crown
- Paul strive for the mastery
- to stay in the race, don’t be a castaway
2 Peter 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.
- 20a. first, they escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord, they are saved by The Saviour
- 20b. then, they are again entangled therein
- 20c. they are worse than before they are saved!
- 21a. it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness
- 21b. because they turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them
Love, by definition, must be freely given!
Mat 6:23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!
Mat 5:13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
Bible clearly teach that believers CAN Choose to depart from faith.