1 Corinthians 9
23 And this I do for the gospel’s sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.
24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.
25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:
27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.
- Paul do everything he could to be partaker with the Corinthians
- keep running, stay in the race, run for the eternal prize
- strive for the mastery for we shall obtain incorruptible crown
- Paul strive for the mastery
- to stay in the race, don’t be a castaway